Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Last days in Japan

I am back (and in English because I must satisfy all my fans all over the world…:p) to tell you the last moments of my Japanese trip.














Firstly, I was lucky enough to enjoy something that only few 外人 (gaijin) have done…to stay for a night in a traditional family house! The house, I should say a 100 year old temple, was the place for 4 generations who were living together!














The Tomoko’s grandfather (92years old) went to his rice field by bycle like everyday and managed all the house life. All the family was having diner on the floor, and I tried some specialities from Kanazawa, as, for an example, some fermented square sushi…really good.














With the uncle and children, we went before diner near the sea for the traditional honsen to see the sunset…so relaxing…even if all the poor local Japanese guys were looking at me since there is no tourist in this part of Japan! The floor was quite hard for sleeping but you can’t resist against the warm bath effect (honsen).
This trip will be an unforgettable memory…














Then, you can see pictures of the ultimate company diner (my farewell party, I shared with Joanne and Jason…T_T) and the last CheapCheap with the last beer…














To end properly the story, we didn’t sleep at all during the last night in order to enjoy the last of the last moment…the taxi picked me up at 6am…I hid one luggage to trick the boarding since I was pretty heavy…I sat down near the exit door (perfect for my legs) with, I need to admit it, very wet eyes…














my brain was running 100km/h fast to integrate the mountain of memories of this part of my life which was ending (and its 7000 pics!)…but I hadn’t enough time to even hear the security aircraft information…I was already sleeping…

Thanks Japan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home